We are the Eddie Solis Liar Army.  #EddieSolis, Eddie Solis, Edward Emiliano Solis, #Ninos De La Tierra, Ninos De La Tierra, #ES13,ES13, #Throughtheeyesofabusrider, Through the eyes of a bus rider, #ItsCasual, It’s Casual, #LosAngelesNista Los Angeles Nista,  Eddie Solis Radio Show, Eddie Solis ripped me off, all Aka’s of Eddie Solis.  Not even close to all of them. He just changes his name or the genre that he is involved in.

Wow, yet another conversion by Eddie himself.  Tales of Eddie Solis doing bad deeds continues.


My name is Justin Maranga.  I play in a band called Ancestors and run a small label called Dune Altar.  My interactions with Eddie Solis began about 8 or 9 years ago, when he was promoting shows at a small bar venue called the Relax Bar.  I played a few of Eddie’s shows, often with his band, It’s Casual.  He always seemed like a good guy.  He seemed like one of those people who was truly about the music scene… lived it and breathed it; and he worked for Southern Lord, so he seemed pretty legit.

After the Relax Bar closed I didn’t see Eddie for several years.  In 2016, I decided to start a record label, and began to reach out to people I know who have labels or have worked at labels.  I remembered Eddie and I reached out to him.  He was super eager to help!  Finally, someone who was actually willing to give me some of his time and knowledge.  We met up a few times and he connected me with several people, with whom I’ve now worked several times.  He once asked if he could borrow my amp to demo some new It’s Casual songs, and I said, “Of course!”  He returned it a few days later and we continued to trade helpful information.  I’m also a lawyer, so I gave him some free legal help a couple of times as well.

On March 23rd of this year Eddie once again asked if he could borrow my amp, “today to Sunday.”  I once again said yes.  An aside about the amp:  I’m 34 years old.  I saved up for like 3 years when I was in high school and college to buy it.  It’s a custom built Matamp GTV with my name engraved in the faceplate.  I was so excited when it finally arrived.  I played it for hours and hours on end.  The excitement over that amp eventually led to my starting Ancestors, the band I’ve been in for 11 years now.  My guitar sound has always been heavily associated with the sound of that amp.  People know it.  The amp itself seems to have developed a bit of a following over the years.  Needless to say, I’m pretty attached to it.  But I’m not a selfish person, and I like to share what I have.  To me, there is no joy in possessions that you can’t share with other people.

It’s now July 27th.  I have not seen my amp since March.  Despite repeated attempts to have it returned, it has yet to show up.

  • On Monday, March 27th I told him to hang onto the amp until our scheduled meet up for that Thursday. That meet up didn’t happen.
  • I tried again on April 3rd, but was ignored.
  • After some more texts, again we scheduled to meet, this time on April 5th, but the 5th came and went and I heard nothing from him.
  • I got busy and stopped asking for a couple of weeks until I texted him on the 18th, telling him that another buddy wanted to borrow the amp, so I need it back ASAP. We scheduled for Thursday.  Then on the 20th he told me we were on and he would text me at 2:00.   By 4:00 he was allegedly in the emergency room.
  • The following day he needed to rest, but would “text (me) in the am.”
  • Having heard nothing for 10 days, on the 30th I texted him, asking him how he was feeling.
  • On May 5th he responded to that text. Thankfully, he had been better for a while now (phew!).  “I can commite [sic] to Monday as i am out if [sic] town til Sunday eve.”
  • Monday was the 8th. Needless to say, no meet up.  I got very busy once again and stopped chasing him down for several weeks.  I probably should have kept on him, but it likely wouldn’t have mattered anyway.
  • The next time I texted him was on June 23rd. Three days later… “Oh my god. Dude I’ve been so spaced. I’m away til late Sunday. I can prioritize this on Monday. I give you my word. mon after traffic.”
  • That Monday, I got this text, “I have to do this Wed. My circumstances changed today. And i will not be back in town til Tuesday late. It won’t be put off anymore. Ill contact you Tomorrow eve.”  No contact.
  • On the 30th I texted him again. By this point I’m not feeling like this is my friend anymore.
  • On July 10th he responded, “i will be back from summer vacation wed. Ill bring it thu.”
  • On July 17th, I texted him, “Amp.   It’s been 4 months dude,” to which he responded, “Dude. Say no more. I will be there Wed. I have been working outta town. Ill be able to do it then. You won’t have to wait a day longer.”  I then said, “I hope it’s true.  I’ve heard that a few times.”  “I am aware. And i won’t drag this out any longer.”  Famous last words.
  • I followed up yet again on the 23rd and got no response. Then, again on the 24th, which resulted in the following exchange:


I attempted to call him, but his phone was “unable to receive calls at this time.”  I followed up these texts and calls with two emails repeating my texts.  I’ve heard nothing.  I’m borrowing an amp for the show tonight because I don’t have mine.  My anxiety is through the roof.  I wish I could just be angry, but for me it comes with anxiety too.  I feel betrayed.  I know that the writing was on the wall… almost literally.  But I really try to give people the benefit of the doubt.  He almost seemed to be trying to rehab his reputation, and I’m all for that.  But he wasn’t.  He’s a liar and a thief, apparently.  And I guess those people are out there and I can’t pretend they’re not.  You just hope that they won’t sucker you.  Well I’ve been suckered.


Make no mistake; I have only just begun to try to get my amp back.  This is not over by a long shot.  I wrote this, in part to contribute to this website (which I thought was pure insanity when I first encountered it, and now am somehow contributing to it), in hopes that it will dissuade ANYONE from doing ANYTHING with him.  He seems like his intentions are good, but I just have a hard time believe it after all this.  I also wrote this in an effort to get my thoughts, facts and dates in order for when I call the cops today.  Fuck, I hate this.


3 thoughts on “7/28/17

  1. Pingback: 7/28/17 – Eddie Solis Liar com

  2. I just wanted to update my amplifier has been returned to me.

    It basically took a Facebook post going viral to get him to surface and speak (hours after deleting my comments on his bands’ Facebook pages and blocking me). Anyway, I bow out of this now. I’m glad some good has come of this ordeal. It seems like people are really talking, and that’s important. I don’t think Eddie is beyond repair. But until he is honest with himself about his own bullshit, he’s going to have a real hard time in life.

    Thanks for the platform. I’m happy to have been able to resolve my problem and I hope others are able to do the same.

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s